Various Financial Incentives and Scholarships/Fee Concession
Students of MEC are entitled to receive a number of scholarships from different organizations. Presently, about 70% of students pursuing studies at the College receive scholarship. A list of such scholarships is provided below. Candidates may note that the award of scholarship is on the basis of merit of a student and his performance in engineering examinations including the classroom attendance.
1. Haryana Waqf Board Scholarships/Fee Concession
The Haryana Waqf Board gives scholarships to meritorious students from modest background studying in various schools,
colleges and institutions. The Board provides concession in fee upto Rs 10,000/- to eligible students of Mewat Engineering
College as per its policy and on the basis of merit, performance in examinations and classroom attendance. The beneficiaries
of such scholarship are expected that after they settle in life they would work for the social, educational and economic
upliftment of the weaker sections of the society. In addition to the above, special concession of Rs. 15,000/- per annum in the
College fees is available to all Girl Students admitted to the B. Tech. Programme during the whole duration course of four
Tuition Fee Concession to Newly Admitted Meritorious students is also available
2. Merit cum Means Scholarship (Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India)
Merit-cum-means scholarship is awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, GOI and is also available to students of MECW.
In the academic year 2014-15, Ministry of Minority Affairs has disbursed Merit-cumMeans scholarship to 320 students of the
Mewat Engineering College.
For more info :
3. Special Scholarship scheme for students of Jammu and Kashmir by AICTE Under this scheme, students belonging to the state of Jammu & Kashmir, who have passed class 12 or equivalent examination from J&K Board or from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated school located in Jammu & Kashmir and pursuing general Degree courses such as: Engineering / Medical in Colleges/Institutes located outside the state of Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for scholarship provided their parental income is less than Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum. A number of MECW students from J&K receive this scholarship every year.
4. National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
The Department of Disability Affair, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of Haryana awards scholarship to differently abled students at the extent of Rs. 31,000/- per annum for the whole duration of the programme. A number of students of MEC benefit from this scholarship each year.
5. Post Matric Scholarship for Scheduled-Caste Student.
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India provides Post-Matric Scholarship to students belonging to scheduled caste. The scheme provides for 100% central assistance to the state governments and UT Administration over and above the respective committed liability of the state/UT. A number of students of MEC falling in this group are benefited each year under the scheme.
6. Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students.
Under the SC/BC Haryana (Welfare Schemes) the students belonging to the OBC group are awarded scholarship under the Govt. of India's Post Matric Scholarship Scheme in Post Matric and Post- Graduate classes.
7. Scholarship by Indian Oil Corporation
Indian Oil Corporation Limited provides scholarships to the budding innovators and engineers for their excellence in academics and sports with special emphasis on spreading the light of education among meritorious and deserving students from economically and socially deprived sections of the society. The Indian oil Academy Scholarship for engineering is merit based scholarship provided by the Indian oil corporation Ltd. and offers to around 300 students each year in the country. A number of students from MEC have been benefitted by this scheme.